School Resources to improve Behaviour & Learning
- We believe teaching today is harder than it’s ever been. Children today are more difficult to teach and curriculum delivery is more complex.
- 20 years ago we came upon this great system for managing classroom behaviour. Since then we have worked with teachers across the UK to develop and improve the system.
- We believe our job is to help teachers do a great job. If you are the sort of teacher who wants to make a difference to your pupils' lives, we have a teaching method to make a difference to yours.
- a complete powerpoint presentation with voice over by Geoff Moss
- the full secondary or primary teacher video training programme presented by John Bayley
- all with site licence for you to edit and present to suit and match your school needs
AN INVALUABLE TRAINING RESOURCE FOR ANY SCHOOL - DOWNLOAD AN ORDER FORM HERE
Practical behaviour management resources - "THE THREE TEACHING STEPS" - the ultimate handbook for establishing the conditions for learning. Contact us for details about ordering - telephone 0870 241 8262
"Just what we need to help teachers deal with challenging behaviour. Every teacher should have this on their desk!" - Linda Park, Deputy Head Teacher, Motherwell
You may see a preview of the handbook in powerpoint format by clicking on this link.
Assertive School Leadership - Our programme of training for school leaders provides a robust framework for managing the diverse range of abilities and attitudes that any school staff may contain.
We show you how to set clear goals within your School Improvement Plan and within each teacher's Continuing Professional Development programme.
We then provide you with a method for working with individual staff members to diagnose their different development levels on those key goal.
We explain how to accommodate a flexible range of leadership styles to meet these diverse needs.
We show how to manage performance as a positive and constructive process rather than as a source of conflict and negativity. We look at your own personal resources, to maintain a positive attitude in the face of reluctance, equanimity in the face of volatility, and resolution in the face of hostility. Positive assertive energy will be generated by an assertive mindset. That mindset is acquired as you understand and practise the skills of Assertive Leadership.
Telephone (0870 241 8262) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange "within-house" training for your school leaders.
Student Self-Leadership - We are accredited by the Blanchard organisation to train others in the Situational Leadership II programme. We have now been accredited to introduce the newly developed programme for students. This teaches them how to identify their own learning needs and how to seek help to develop their knowledge and skills in a positive way. Situational Self-Leadership for Students is a new and exciting approach to promoting independent learning in students, and we anticipate it will form a major part of our work in schools in the future. We are currently working with senior students from Brannock High and Calderhead High schools, North Lanarkshire on this programme.Give us a call or drop us an email if you wish to find out more about this venture.
Self management for teachers? We provide training in Situational Leadership II to promote the self-reliant management skills of all staff. You can read about this leadership approach on-line here (click to link).